meet THE women of nepal on 2 wheels
Awake your soul in Lower Mustang
The Nepalese are just as warm and welcoming as their country, and have a slogan “अतिथिदेवोभव:” which can be literally translated as “Guests are our GOD”. I haven’t met anyone who has not been touched by this soul awakening atmosphere and its heart warming people. Wedged between two of the world’s biggest powerhouses India and China, Nepal is a landlocked country in the heart of South Asia, known to be one of the most diverse yet small countries as it covers the mighty Himalayas to the plain fertile land of Terai. This is a trip for the most adventurous ones looking to challenge themselves both physically and emotionally!
• Tick one of your bucket list destinations as an adventure motorcyclist: an epic ride in remote areas and an awesome single track ride through Kali Gandaki River. You will witness an incredible diversity of landscapes from Himalayan high desert, breathtaking view over 3 peaks of 8000+ meters height, to tropical topography.
• Experience the local way of life- Sing, Dance and Laugh: meeting and spending time with local communities and women in particular, learning their special crafts. Nepali people are extremely joyful and you will certainly get back home with a few new songs in your favourite list.
• Awakening your soul: Nepal is a highly spiritual country, mixing Buddhist and Hindu culture, and Nepali people are extremely kind hearted. Eternal flame, Prayers flags and clockwise rounding of Monasteries will be an integral part of this trip.
This 14 days tour will start and end in Kathmandu. We will ride to Nagarkot, Bhaktapur, Kulekhani, Meghauli (Chitwan National Park), Bandipur, Pokhara, Kalopani, Muktinath, Tatopani, Dhampus, Begnas Lake, and Charaudi. We will visit different community homestays and take part in cooking and dancing with local women. Through this tour, we will mainly contribute to 3 social organisations: 7 women, community homestay, and Nepal’s Women’s International Motorcycle Association. We’ll distribute reusable sanitary pads to women in the most remote areas.
Price and Bikes
EUR 2900, including:
- Airport transfers in Nepal
- 13 nights accommodation in a mix of hotels, bed&breakfasts, and homestays (twin share basis- supplement applies for single rooms)
- Breakfasts, lunches, snacks and non-alcoholic drinks on the road
- Motorcycle rental for 12 days; Royal Enfield Bullet 500cc or Himalayan 400cc, fuel and oil
- Support vehicle for repairs, spare parts and bags
- Support team: experienced certified English speaking motorcycle guide, driver, mechanic, Nepali/English speaking woman guide, Optional: English/French or German speaking woman tour lead
- Local contributions and all classes/ activities in local communities
- Entry fee to Chitwan National Park, Lower Mustang and Bhaktapur
- Daily mechanical checks and Bikes Puja prior to departure
- Welcome gift
- international flight
- personal travel insurance
- visa fee
- dinners and drinks at hotels
- alcoholic beverages
- personal expenses
- tips for guides and local team
- Kathmandu sightseeing and tourist entrance fees if requested
- Optional activities: e.g. jungle safari, organic coffee making class, 7 Women NGO craft or cooking class, paragliding in Pokhara
Challenge level: 3
Lower Mustang is the best playground that offers something for everyone! No matter what your riding skills or fitness level are, we will make it happen! We only need your willingness and a bit of bravery. We also want to ensure your security and well-being, this is the reason why we have a support team and vehicle with us, so if at any moment you don’t feel up to the challenge, we will take over so that you can still enjoy the adventure. It is also the reason why we are making this trip longer than most tours. Remember, it’s all about the journey
Food and Accommodation level: Basic
The trip is all about going off the beaten track and contributing to the rural communities, while experiencing the local way of life. So accommodation will really vary from one place to another, with a strong emphasis on guesthouses. We will spend a few nights in hotels in both Katmandu and Pokhara, while we will stay in local tea houses and homestays in the mountains. Rooms might be very simple but with hot shower and Wi-Fi access in most of the places. Accommodation is on the basis of twin sharing.
In all places except for the included meals in homestays, you will be able to choose from a wide range of healthy local and international dishes, home made. Nepali food is particularly healthy and delicious. Some typical delicacies: momos (dumplings), Dal bhat (lentils- rice and veggies/ condiments), and also delicious pastries in Pokhara.
All our guides are local folks who are well trained, hold national and international licenses, with a passion and dedication in motorcycling and outdoor activities. This trip will be led by at least one local woman rider to facilitate interactions with women in rural communities. We will be accompanied by a team of young Nepali men led by Sushant Ghimire, who are engaged in the development of their country, training and empowering youth and girls into motorcycle and sustainable tourism.
On this trip, you will also meet fellow women riders from all walks of life and cultures, who are seeking adventure, freedom and learning experiences, united here by the willingness to have fun and give back
What Are You Waiting For?
Next Dates: 1st to 14th April 2023
28th October to 10th November 2023